(1) Personal Information Protection Policy
To ensure smooth operation, KRI gathers and uses information, such as client names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses (hereinafter "Personal Information"). KRI acknowledges that properly managing and protecting such Personal Information of clients is a serious responsibility, and thus in order to fulfill that responsibility, handles Personal Information based on the following policies.
- We comply with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" and other related laws and regulations, and handle Personal Information properly in a fair and reasonable manner. Furthermore, we strive to make appropriate improvements in implementing this protection.
- We will clarify regulations relating to the handling of Personal Information, and train our employees to recognize them. Moreover, we will require our business partners to be careful to handle Personal Information in full compliance with above.
- When obtaining Personal Information, we will specify its purpose of use, provide notifications or publications of said purpose, and handle the Personal Information in accordance therewith.
- We will manage Personal Information properly by taking the measures necessary to prevent it from being leaked, lost, or tampered with.
- We will appoint a contact person in charge of receiving all requests to disclose, modify, delete or stop the use of the Personal Information we have obtained from clients, and handle it in a sincere and professional manner.
(2) Purpose of Use
KRI gathers Personal Information required to conduct business according to its contract research business relating to science and technology, its research and consulting business relating to management strategy, business strategy, and technical / product development strategy, its analysis and test evaluation business, and its organic / inorganic materials manufacturing and selling business, and uses this Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Provision of KRI's services and contacts related thereto
- PR associated with KRI's services and events, etc.
- Distribution of surveys and email newsletters related to KRI's services
- Responses to inquiries
- Statistical analysis related to KRI's services
- Implementation of other work incidental to the purposes described above
(3) Disclosure or Provision to Third Parties
Except in any of the cases listed below, KRI will not disclose or provide Personal Information to third parties.
- When KRI has obtained approval from the client
- When disclosed or provided to contracted providers within the confines of what is necessary to achieve the use purposes
- When statistical data, etc. is disclosed or provided in situations where principal individuals cannot be identified
- When disclosure or provision is sought based on laws or regulations
- When disclosure or provision is necessary to protect life, body or property, and approval cannot easily be obtained from the client
- When cooperation is necessary for a national or local public entity to execute public affairs, in the case where obtaining approval from the client would create a risk of interfering with the execution of said affairs
With respect to the Personal Information held by KRI, in the case where the client desires the disclosure of its own information, KRI shall respond within a reasonable amount of time, and to a reasonable degree, after confirming that the person submitting the request is the principal individual.
(5) Revision, Deletion, etc.
With respect to the Personal Information held by KRI, in the case where the client desires the revision, addition or deletion of its own information, KRI shall, when there are contents that differ with the facts, make such revision, addition or deletion within a reasonable amount of time, and to a reasonable degree, after confirming that the person submitting the request is the principal individual.
(6) Use Stoppages and Deletions
With respect to the Personal Information held by KRI, in the case where the client wishes to stop the usage of or desires the deletion of its own information, KRI shall stop using or delete the information within a reasonable amount of time, and to a reasonable degree, after confirming that the person submitting the request is the principal individuals.
In the case where use of all or part of this information is stopped or where all or part of this information is deleted, we may unavoidably be unable to provide the desired services. We ask for your understanding and cooperation in such cases (note that there are cases where it is not possible to stop the use of or delete held information based on related laws and regulations).
(7) Method and Contact for Receiving Requests for Disclosure.
With respect to Personal Information held by KRI, we accept the requests described in (4), (5) and (6) above, and other inquiries relating to Personal Information. Please follow the instructions when you make a request.
[Acceptance of inquiries about Personal Information]
Inquiries about Personal Information should be sent to the following contact via phone, fax, postal service, or email. After confirming the identity of the requesting party, we will send a reply regarding further procedures.
134 Chudoji Minami-machi, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8813
KRI, Inc. Attn: Human Resources General Affairs Division
Phone: +81 (0) 75-322-6830
Fax: +81 (0) 75-322-6820
Business hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (Mon.-Fri.)
In some cases, we may request the submission of official documents such as a driver’s license, official resident registration card or the like for an individual, or some corporate documents for a business entity.